After nearly a month and a half (42 days) of development since 0.4 was released, the OSUOSL has released Ganeti Web Manager 0.5 today. This second release has some very nice new features included in it:
- New status Dashboard
- Integrated noVNC, an HTML5 + WebSockets VNC viewer
- New Twisted based VNC Auth Proxy
- Virtual machine re-install implemented
- Auto-start is now an option during VM creation
- Ram and CPU quota is now based off running virtual machines
- Improved layout
- Numerous bug fixes and improvements.
Read the full ChangeLog for more details.
My favorite new feature by far is the inclusion of noVNC by default for VNC console access. This removes the Java requirement for your browsers and makes it much easier to use. It works the best using Chrome/Chromium but you can also use Firefox.
New Overview Page
I’m also excited about the new overview pages for users and admins. It makes it much easier to see the usage of your cluster(s) quickly. For users it will show some basic resource/quota usage.
If you’re upgrading from 0.4 be sure to read the upgrading wiki page and go over the installation page again. We’ve added a few new requirements such as South for database migrations and Twisted for the new VNC Auth Proxy.
Be sure to also check out Peter’s blog post about the 0.5 release as well!